In addition to offering counseling services to individuals and families, I am happy to announce that beginning in the fall of 2019, I will begin offering educational workshops to parents, schools, healthcare providers and facilities, and other community agencies in our area. Though I have given parent and teacher workshops at some of our local schools in the past, I have never offered this as an official service. Workshops can be adapted to last 1 to 3 or more hours, as needed.
Below are currently available workshop topics you may choose from, if you wish. However, if there is a special topic not on this list, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss the possibility of adding a topic more specific to your needs. I am also available for consultation.
- Foster Parent and Family Support Group (a group for caregivers involved in the foster care/adoption system, over 6 sessions)
- School Anxiety (parent & staff versions)
- Teaching Children About feelings and How to Cope with Them
- Creative Parenting Strategies
- Helping Your Child Build Life Skills and Social Skills for After High School (for parents and older teens)
- Child/Teen Anxiety and Strategies to Cope and Combat It
- Building a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom
- “Non-Therapeutic” Games: Adapting Games for Therapy
- The Effects of Trauma in Children and Adolescents
- Sexually Reactive Behaviors in Child Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- What’s Normal and What’s Not? Sexual Behaviors in Children
- Body Safety Education for Children
- Building Positive Relationships with Children: Tips for Educators, Counselors, Community Agencies, and Healthcare Workers
- Using Technology to Help Heal: A Look at Helpful Apps and Computer Programs for Children and Teens Struggling with Mental Disorders
- Child Development
- Whole-Brain Child Parenting (a parenting group lasting over 5 sessions)
Stay tuned, as I will update this list periodically! I am also looking into the ins-and-outs of becoming a CEU provider for mental health professionals. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.